Friday, June 24, 2005

Psalm 151

Lord, purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Search me, Father, and know my heart; try me and know my mind. See if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Restore to me the joy of my salvation, and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.

How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to your word. The Word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, able to divide soul and spirit, joints and marrow; and able to discern the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Blessed is the man who walks not after the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers, but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in his law he will meditate day and night. He will be like a tree planted by a river of water, bringing forth fruit in due season. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Thy word, O Lord, is forever settled in heaven.

---Journal entry, March 26, 1996

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home