Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Ides of April

Bury me softly in this womb
I give this part of me for you
Sand rains down and here I sit
Holding rare flowers in a tomb...in bloom

Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man who won't let himself be

Down in a hole, losin' my soul
Down in a hole, losin' control
I'd like to fly
But my wings have been so denied
---Alice In Chains, "Down In A Hole"
(From April 19, 1995)

I can feel it
Oh yes, I can feel it
The blood of the redeemer
Only its still my heart beating
Yes its still beating me
The blood of the redeemer

I prayed for it
Oh yes, I've prayed for it
The blood of the redeemer
On my face
Down on my knees
Forgive the thief
Next to me
The blood of the healer
is never enough
---Prayer Chain, "Never Enough"
(from April 28, 1995)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home