Monday, October 10, 2005

Credo

I believe...

...that the Catholic Church is biblical
...that the Latin Mass is a beautiful experience
...that the issue of whether the SSPX is truly Catholic isn't up to me
...that my fundamental Baptist brothers and sisters are truly Christians
...God will judge the prideful and arrogant, Catholic or Protestant
...if baptism in the New Testament is equivalent to circumcision in the Old, then infant baptism can be defended
...for every drop of rain that falls, the ground gets wet
...that the Eucharist is the Body and Blood of the Lord
...that just hearing the Bible read at Mass once a week isn't enough; Catholics need to read it at home too
...if I only read the books in the New King James version and never read the "Catholic books," that I'm still reading more of the Bible than 75% of the Catholics in this country
...that it shouldn't be like that
...that the best pizza in the world will always include anchovies
...my wife is beautiful
...my kids rock
...the Catholic charismatic movement has been a blessing to the church
...that Ty Cobb is the best baseball player of all time
...I miss my grandfather
...LOST is the best show on TV
...that Pope Benedict XVI has been a great Pope
...that my experiences in a multitude of churches has given me the ability to talk to people where they're at instead of assuming I know what they believe because I read a website
...if I had chosen Eastern Orthodoxy instead of Catholicism it wouldn't have been a bad thing
...I am glad I returned to the Catholic Church.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Man said...

I didn't intend to suggest that baptism *merely* corresponds to circumcision; I was just tossing out some pithy one-liners. But there is a connection- as circumcision was the initiation to the old covenant, baptism is the initiation to the new; but as you so eloquently put it, it is that and so much more as well. The Eucharist has roots in the Passover but goes beyond it, far beyond.
And since infants were circumcised, I see no reason why infants can't be baptized. You are right; it's all God's grace.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home