Monday, August 14, 2006

We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears

Back in June when I went into retirement I had basically had enough with the blogging world. It was time to step away from the computer for a bit, read a book, maybe try my hand at writing some fiction... anything but pound out my opinions in a world already too crowded with them.

My exile lasted about two weeks. Then I got the itch again. So instead of coming back to The Pardoner's Tale, I decided to start a new blog where I would be anonymous. That way I could say anything I wanted to, whether it be about politics, religion or current events, and it would never come back on me. I could take on the gimmick of angry middle-aged man and get away with it.

Two problems with that. First, the angry man gimmick is already being done to death in three out of four blogs worldwide. Second, I don't like playing a role. I stopped writing in the first place because I felt like I was playing to the crowd and losing my own voice. So I deleted the blog.

But I still wanted to write. So here I am again.

I will probably continue in the same vein as before, although I won't be limiting myself to specific subjects. I'm not a Catholic writer, nor a Protestant; I'm not a liberal writer or a conservative one- I'm just a guy.

Welcome to the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home