Wednesday, June 07, 2006

And now it's time to say goodbye....

And with the "just shut up" awards given, it's now time to take my own advice. The blog is ended, go in peace. I'm done.

It's been a fun ride. Members of my family got to know me better than they did before, I got to sharpen my writing skills, accept constructive criticism, and map out where I've been in a fuller way than I ever had before. I had been thinking about writing the story of my journey, and when I started doing it it just flowed. But when I came to an end, I felt like I had hit a wall. Sure, I came up with some good pieces, but it's been harder and harder, and I didn't want to write just for the sake of trying to get an audience. I wanted to say something.

I'm still going to write, just not on a blog. There are personal things that I want to write about that aren't anyone's business. I want to try my hand at fiction. Most of all, as I approach the age of 40 I need to take a fresh look at what it means to call myself a Christian. What does Christ require? WDCR. Doesn't roll off the tongue well.

I'm not going to delete it. I'm going to keep it up for awhile. Hey, maybe I'll change my mind. I don't know. Right now I don't think so. I would still like to hear from people who run across the blog, especially the ones from Belmont and Winnisquam, New Hampshire, who visit every day. Who are you? I'd love to know.

Peace. I'm out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Invisible Mountain Archeological Society said...

I enjoy reading those who give me food for thought, so I guess I'll have to find another refrigerator to raid. Good luck in all you do and may God stop slapping you in the head.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home