Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Walrus and the Carpenter

"The time has come," the readers said,
"To talk of many things-
Of Witness Lee and Catholics,
Fundamentalists and gays,
Whether Judas is in heaven,
and will the war last many days."

"But wait a bit," the blogger cried,
"Before we have our chat;
For writing leaves me out of breath,
And I am very fat!"
"Well hurry," said the readers
"Or leave your turn at bat!"

"It was so kind of you to come!"
Blogger was heard to say.
The readers they said nothing but
"Give us more repartee;
I wish you were not so lazy -
We check you twice a day!"

"It seems a shame," the blogger said,
"To play them such a trick,
After I've brought them out so far,
And made them leave so quick!"
The readers they said nothing but
"You lay it on too thick!"

Many cities visit here, the stats are heard to say,
Winnisquam, Lansing and Claremont
Hit three times a day
So soon I'll restart heavy talk
To keep my mom at bay.

(My thanks to Lewis Carroll for the inspiration)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home