Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Superunknown

Whatsoever I've feared has
Come to life
Whatsoever I've fought off
Became my life
Just when everyday
Seemed to greet
Me with a smile
Sunspots have faded
And now I'm doing time
Cause I fell on
Black days

---"Fell On Black Days"

We see you laugh
We see you dance
We take that away
Every day

We see you cry
We turn your head
Then we slap your face

We see you try
We see you fail
Some things never change

---"Head Down"

In my shoes
A walking sleep
And my youth
I pray to keep
Heaven send
Hell away
No one sings
Like you anymore

Black hole sun
Won't you come
And wash away the rain?
Black hole sun
Won't you come?
Won't you come?

---"Black Hole Sun"

If this doesn't make you free
It doesn't mean you're tied
If this doesn't take you down
It doesn't mean you're high
If this doesn't make you smile
You don't have to cry
If this isn't making sense
It doesn't make it lies


Alive in the superunknown
First it steals your mind
And then it steals your soul

---"Superunknown"

And that's all I have to say, because there doesn't seem much that can be said that will make any sense, does there? They are making us put our kids in group homes, because while everyone around me marveled at my parenting skills in the face of special needs, it turns out that I have no parenting skills; apparently I'm pretty bad at it. At least, that's what Children's Services say, and they are always right. Right? (Wink, wink)

So Taneesha, Christina, Holly, Elizabeth, and every other joker in the CPS deck of cards, thank you. Thank you for enlightening me as to my parenting failures. Thank you for making me see the light.

(And my thanks to Soundgarden for providing the soundtrack to my 2016 so far.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home