Monday, December 16, 2013

God and Man on Twitter

Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
Dear God; Yeah, you and me, we have some issues to discuss. Like this autism shit. I mean, WTF?
 
Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
Matthew is targeting my wife, beating on her, and you're just sitting around listening to the Dead with your headphones on. Or something.
 
Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
We can't take much more, Jesus. Now forgive me for being blunt, but I don't have time to get all religious for you. Here's the thing...
 
Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
I've done this for 30 years, dude. Went to Mass, ran the gamut of Protestant churches, danced in the aisles, Christian rock concerts...
 
Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
I put on a tie and went door to door for you, man! A tie! Satan's noose!
 
Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
I studied theology for a year, God. Now that's when you know I'm hardcore.
 
 
 
Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
Sorry I was interrupted there, God, but when one of MY children is in trouble and needs me, I go to him or her.
 
Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
I don't say "you know Matt, you are banging your head, and you need me, but my answer is wait. Just wait until my perfect timing".
 
Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
So Jesus, here's the thing. We need some intervention NOW. Not in the sweet bye and bye, not conditional on how much money I give, NOW.
 
Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
You have the power to make us all believe in you, but when we call you in our despair, you don't come through. I heard that somewhere.
 
Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
So what do you think, huh, God? Help my son to calm down? Let his head heal before he busts it open again? Can I count on you?
 
Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
Or are you too busy appearing in tortillas and crying statues? C'mon, I don't mean any disrespect, God, but I'm running out of time here.
 
Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
So give us just a smidgeon of peace here, and I'll renegotiate my contract with you. I'll do all the stuff. But you need to meet me halfway.
 
Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
Are we good, God? OK. Glad we had this little chat. Oh yeah, one more thing. . Unless you aren't all seeing after all.
 
Sean MacNair @y2daddy 14h
Yeah, I know, God, that's another discussion for another time. Let's do Panera sometime, OK? Cool. In Jesus' name, Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"Lord I believe, help my unbelief", I have cried these words many a time. The cry of the father of the epileptic boy in Mark 9 still echoes in my heart for my son who started have seizures when he was
12. I can feel his pain, I share it.
Before the Lord intervened there was and argument among the disciples, scribes,and crowd. I often wonder what they could have been arguing about, since the incident seemed to involve the boys sickness and the fathers faith. After reading your
comments today brother I see a little more of my heart in the father's cry "Lord I believe, help my unbelief."
It,s sort of a frustrated response to the Lord's reply when asked for help with: "if you can believe all things are possible..." We still have some argument with the Lord about our situations. I was reminded by the Lord more than once that suffering and trials are the fuel that test
our faith. We know these things, but wonder why our particular suffering
seems a life sentence. Easy to quote I know, but the truth dose set free.
"for our light affliction which is just for a MOMENT works for us a far more exceeding and ETERNAL weight of
glory".
I can feel your angst, but what I love about this word (angst) is that it implies hope in the face of frustration, otherwise we are just full of anger and anxiety which leads to depression. Been there, stayed too long there, hope not to revisit there soon.
Stay strong, keep casting all you cares on Him, even in your own unique manner. He care for what concerns us. Still "if in this life only we have hope we are of all men most miserable"

olvin

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home