Wednesday, March 17, 2010

?

Just wondering…

…why people make public shows out of mourning for those they didn't know. A funeral is not a photo op, people. If you didn't know the person, just stay the hell away.

…why dead police officers get more attention than sick children or dying 90-year-olds. Go to Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital sometime, find the kid in the wheelchair with the feeding tube in his/her stomach (you shouldn't have to look for long), and then ask the parents whether that life is valuable. I'm guessing the parents will say yes. But if that kid dies, no one is dropping a bouquet of flowers off in front of his/her house, and no one is lining the street to pay last respects as the hearse drives by. Because that kind of thing doesn't get the mourner any attention; it doesn't earn them any "see, I really care" points.

…what "pro-life" means, anyway. Is life just a poker hand? "My two dead babies trump your five dead Iraqis." Isn't all of life sacred?

…why "equal access" doesn't apply to kids in the church nursery. Yeah, I'm riding that horse again. I certainly enjoy spending quality time with my son on Sunday morning, but I would rather be in church; I meet more people that way.

…why, if the Bible says that there are many members of the Body of Christ, so many people feel called to be the asshole.

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home