Friday, April 18, 2008

When real life has other plans for you

It has been quite a while since I have done anything close to regular posting on this blog.

In November a family member was hospitalized for mental health issues. In January it happened again. I have been dealing with a lot of crap, most of which I'm not posting here. It isn't like anyone gives a rat's a** about this blog anyway, but still, I'm not posting some of the personal stuff.

There came a certain point last year when I gave up on blogs. Who really cares? Most bloggers pretend that their opinions on the issues of the day are more important than they really are. I used to pay close attention to my site statistics because I aspired to be read, as if to be read gives me a certain sense of worth that would not exist otherwise.

But I like to write. So if no one reads this stuff, I don't care. I like to write it and have it stored somewhere, and a blog provides me that opportunity.

So that's where I stand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home