Saturday, April 08, 2006

Tiny Treasures

My dearest little children
My precious little ones
You are such a treasure from above
You were given to us to
Cherish and to love
I am truly thankful for the
Special gift of you

When Jesus brought you to us
We were filled with awe
As we counted your tiny fingers
And cuddled you oh so tight
Your precious beautiful eyes
And face reminded daddy and
Mommy of God’s abiding grace.

Little did we realize,what trials lie ahead
As we stroked your little curls
Kissed your tiny head.

You seemed to progress normally
Until you were nearly two
We realized you were no longer talking
Or doing things that children of two or three
Normally do.

Our hearts were deeply saddened
When months turned into a year
Then into two
When we finally heard the word
Autism
Rang loud and clear
Yet I could not shed a tear
For I was in denial
The word Autism I could not hear.
For my heart was filled with sorrow
Sadness and fear
Until I realized Jesus
Was standing right beside me

"Oh Master, Saviour, Jesus, Lord!” I finally cried
I know that you are with us always by our side
Would we ever hear the words
“I love you Mommy and Daddy”
From our precious children’s lips.
Would we ever see them run and play baseball
and other games kids play…

My heart was filled with wonder and dismay
Until I heard my Savior say
“Hush my child
Listen to my voice
For you have been chosen
For a very special task.
Though it won’t be easy
These precious children need you so.
I have a special plan for them you see
And need you to help Me help them grow.
Give them lots of love and tender care
And tell them about Me.
How I came to this world to die and set them free
From the bondage of sin and shame.

Though you may not think they’ll understand,
Leave that up to me
For I know their thoughts and feelings
Things they cannot express to you
Or to anyone but Me

For I am their Heavenly Father too, you see
Creator of all things
I have blessed them with a gift
That the world needs to see
A gift that will bring new life
And set souls free
If only you will trust me
And give them back to me"

My Saviour Lord and King
I give you every thing
These children we will raise
And give you all our praise

Help me to understand the hurting
Hearts filled with uncertainty and fear
Who look upon my children
As burdens of despair.
Help me to love them
With your perfect love
And show them that these special children
Are gifts from God above
Who need tenderness and love
For they have a voice that we cannot hear
Calling and crying for life so dear
Help us to show them
We care

Written by Laura L MacNair
http://tinytreasures.blogdrive.com/
Dedicated to my beautiful Autistic treasures
So dear
My Matthew and my Rebecca.
________________________________________
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
Matthew 13:44

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home