Friday, August 05, 2005

Just like starting over

Since I'm hoping for several new readers after the Chronicle-Telegram article appears, let me take a few minutes to explain just what I'm doing here. Andy Warhol once said that in the future everyone would have a blog for 15 minutes. There are a lot of political blogs, and as passionately as I feel about the issues of the day, I didn't want to go down that road. There are blogs that discuss theology to the minutest detail, and I didn't want to go in that direction either. Instead, I just wanted to talk about where I've been, in hopes that someone could identify with my experiences. I had intended to write just a few posts, but when I got going, I really got going. And after going back through to read and reflect, I thought of things I missed :) So in the coming weeks and months I intend to revisit some points in the journey and reflect more on specific events. Jump right in at the beginning or just peruse the archives, and feel free to comment at any point along the way.

Peace,
Sean

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sean,
I read the article in the Chronicle this past weekend. I could see your post of 7/25/05 in the picture and it intriqued me. So... I came to your blog and read all your postings.

Wow. What a test and struggle you seem to be going through. I understand your criticism of the Church/Chrisitanity. I've been there (maybe not as deeply as you... but I've definitely been there). There was a point in my life that I just didn't want to have anything else to do with other Christians. It's a tough hill to get over. We are all at different points of our spiritual journey. I have to agree with a previous poster/commenter... Stay in the Word. I would add though... find one or two other Christians that you trust and mentor/commune with them. God communicates to us (during this age of grace) through his Word and through people (any person... not just Christians).

My wife and I attend the Church of the Open Door. This past week's message was about Hope. Pastor referenced a wide variety of scriptures but the one that struck me most was Romans 8:28 "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to {His} purpose."

I know it will not have the same impact (as I heard it on Sunday) typed in this post... but I wanted to remind you that there is Hope. "God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God..." I know it sounds trite, but somehow this struggle of yours will be for good. Either for you or for someone else... but ultimately and always for God's glory.

Sorry for the preaching. I just hope it lifted you up a bit. As another member of the body of Christ... I'll pray that your heart is healed, your walk with God is full and that you and your wife's burdens are lifted.

Peace brother,
Steve

2:51 PM  
Blogger The Man said...

Of all the posts that could have been in that picture... my Christianity blast ended up there. It wasn't anything intentional, just the "luck of the draw", I guess. I hope you've taken time to read some of the other posts to see what brought me to this point. And as I type, I look over and see that you've done just that.

You don't have to apologize for the preaching, because in a way that's the whole point of the blog, to generate some dialogue.

Thanks for stopping by.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home